The Daring Way™ for Leaders and Teams
“We need to have honest conversations about what it takes to bring our best, most authentic selves to work, and how to effectively encourage our colleagues to do the same. We need to understand the human side of cultivating an organizational culture where people feel inspired and supported. These conversations may sound risky and vulnerable, but risk and vulnerability are essential to courageous leadership. Real change and innovation are within our reach if we’re willing to talk about the emotions, thoughts and behaviors that get in the way.” ~ Dr. Brené Brown
Every day leaders experience the uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure that research shows are the keys to thriving and developing in the work place. Embracing vulnerability, rather than shunning it, paves the way for a culture of courage that allows individuals to fully reach their potential and purpose. Based on the pioneering research of Dr. Brené Brown, The Daring Way™ dispels the cultural myth that vulnerability is weakness and argues that it is, instead, our most accurate measure of courage. Vulnerability is also the birthplace of creativity and innovation, authenticity, adaptability and accountability – the key elements that every business needs to survive and thrive.
In Daring Leadership™ you will learn how to:
- Create an environment in which risk, uncertainty, and courage are celebrated and mistakes and failures are viewed as opportunities for learning
- Model authenticity and transparency and expect it of others, creating a climate of risk-tolerance and unfiltered trust.
- Normalize the discomfort of courageous conversations and practice the art of giving, receiving, and soliciting engaged feedback that moves people and processes forward.
- Re-humanize the workplace and eliminate shame and blame as interaction styles.
- Cultivate an environment where empathy is a valued asset and accountability is an expectation rather than an exception.
For more information on The Daring Way™, CLICK HERE.
If you are interested in bringing The Daring Way™ workshop and it’s unique approach to leadership and team building to your organization or group, email Mazi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Daring Way™ is a highly experiential methodology developed to help people learn how to show up, be seen, and live braver lives. The method was designed for work with individuals, couples, families, work teams, and organizational leaders. Brown is the author of the #1 NYT bestseller Daring Greatly; How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead. More information is available at www.thedaringway.com and www.brenebrown.com.