Well, Hello Summer! It is so good to see you! So many images and thoughts come to mind when you think of summer. Whether it’s Ella smoothly crooning about livin’ easy or Will Smith reminding us it’s time to sit back and unwind, for most of us summer is our time to slow down, relax, and reset ourselves. There are so many sights, sounds, and even smells that go along with summer. Waves rolling into the beach. Orange and pink sunsets. Lightening bugs. Crickets chirping. The crack of the bat and the cheer of the crowd. Citronella wafting through the night air. Yes, summer has a way of tickling all our senses.
This is the season of the year where it is okay to stay up a little later, have one more cookie because hey it’s summer, or linger a little longer over your al fresco dinner. It is almost as if Summer means doing the things you don’t have time to do or don’t give yourself permission to do the rest of the year. Here is what summer means to me and why I am looking forward to this summer in particular!
- My Nike shorts You know the game stranded island where you list the things you would want to have with you if you were stranded on an island? If I were stranded on an island, I would want to have my Nike shorts. I love them. No, I mean I LOVE them. They are literally the most comfortable item of clothing I have ever put on my body. No, I'm not a runner, and yes, I am that person who wears athletic gear without being the least bit athletic. But whatever because summer means I get to wear my Nike shorts as often as possible!
- My Happy Place This is my happy place. This view. Now picture this view with the breeze slightly blowing, the soft hum of boats in the distance, and wind chimes creating the perfect background music. Perfection. Summer means I get to enjoy my happy place.
- Read, Read, Read I love to read, and I love to read in the summer. In the winter and spring, I even start thinking about all the books I want to read in the summer. And yes, the picture is my stack for this summer. I can’t wait. There are a couple of others I would like to get but I'm trying to have self control. What can I say? I’m a therapy nerd. I love to read about what I do. :) (BTW, I started Jesus Feminist last weekend... very good!)
- Slowing Down I try to limit commitments in the summer so this time can be an intentionally slower season. I’ll admit I’m not the best at staying balanced 24/7, but summer is my finish line, so to speak. It is my time to slow down. Summer means resetting so that I am ready to dive into fall.
- My Loved Ones For me, summer is about seeing my loved ones. Whether that is dinner with friends, going to visit family, or family coming in town, this season just always seems to be synonymous with connection. Let the laughter and storytelling commence!
So here’s to summer! In honor of this season, I thought I would do another giveaway (plus it has been forever since my last giveaway!). Comment below with what summer means to you or why you are looking forward to this summer in particular, and I will do a drawing at the end of this week for two $15 Amazon gift cards! I would love to hear from you! Have a fabulous and fantastic summer!